Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Character and Fitness Update

In the Fall of 2015 I appeared before the Character and Fitness committee based on my past history with divorce, child support, tax issues and more.  The committee recommended I be allowed to take the Winter 2016 Bar Exam but the week before the exam the State Supreme Court sent me a short email denying that I be allowed to take the Bar Exam.  This was my second attempt for this State and now I must wait another year before trying again.  I am older than the average applicant so I have learned life experiences such as a divorce, and more, create more challenges when applying to take the Bar Exam.  I remain committed to pursuing the right to sit for my state's Bar Exam and will continue to make best efforts to demonstrate I have the character fitness to be successful.